Fact: The diagnosis of cancer is a life changing experience for individuals and their families. Cancer is often a disease that lasts a long time and people may be treated for it for many years. As a result, it is increasingly important to understand the unique medical and psycho-social needs of patients and provide comprehensive support during the treatment phase.
Ezra Home Care has developed a unique program to provide patients and family members with additional support. Our compassionate team of experienced caregivers is available to assist with practical tasks such as transportation to appointments, running errands, household chores, or preparing meals. Our team is available to provide respite care when needed, as it is important for family caregivers to have time to care for themselves.
In addition, we collaborate and communicate with our client’s medical team or hospice provider to implement an integrated comrehensive plan of care to include medication assistance, managing side effects from treatment and providing hands-on personal care.
Throughout the treatment process, needs may change and therefore re-evaluation of the care plan is completed regularly to accomodate these changes.
Core Program Elements:
- Comprehensive client assessment
- Development and implementation of a client-centered care plan
- Treatment and appointment escort and incidental transportation
- Assistance with medication management
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with family members and other care providers
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Housekeeping, laundry, shopping and meal preparation
For more information, contact Ezra Home Care at 617-527-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org