Fact: According to the Alzheimer’s Foundation, it is estimated that as many as 5.1 million Americans may have Alzheimer’s disease. More than one in seven individuals with Alzheimer’s live alone. Individuals with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias who live alone are exposed to higher risks including inadequate self-care, malnutrition, untreated medical conditions, falls and wandering from home unattended.
Ezra Home Care has developed a specialized program to enable clients to remain in their homes safely for as long as possible and avoid unnecessary hospitalization. Our caregivers complete a comprehensive training program to understand the disease process and learn strategies to manage difficult behaviors. Key areas of training are communication skills, safety concerns, managing challenging behaviors, engaging clients in meaningful activities and activities of daily living.
Core Program Elements:
- Comprehensive client assessment
- Development and implementation client-centered care plan
- Specialized caregiver training and ongoing supervision
- Engaging the client in cognitively stimulating activities
- Assistance with medication management
- Ongoing communication with family and care providers
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Housekeeping, laundry, shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Appointment escort and incidental transportation
We recognize that each client has unique care needs that change overtime. Re-evaluation of each care plan is completed regularly and adjustments are made as necessary.
For more information, contact Ezra Home Care at 617-527-9000 or email@example.com