Fact: An estimated seven to 10 million people worldwide are living with Parkinson’s disease. People living with Parkinson’s disease have unique needs and challenges. As a result, those living alone or with other family members are often faced with many challenges that can affect their ability to succeed at home independently. Challenges may include incontinence or constipation, medication management motion impairment, speech impairment, swallowing difficulties, and nutritional management.
Ezra Home Care offers a specialized program to support clients with Parkinson’s disease in the comforts of their own home. We believe in providing a holistic approach that supports the client and their family members. Since Parkinson’s Disease is both chronic and progressive, our goal is to assist clients to successfully continue to live independently at home for as long as possible.
Our caregivers are trained to understand the disease process and learn strategies to assist in the management of symptoms and activities of daily living.
Core Program Elements:
- Comprehensive client assessment
- Development and implementation of a client-centered care plan
- Specialized caregiver training and ongoing supervision
- Support daily activities that reflect the clients individuality and preferences
- Assistance with medication management
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with family members and other care providers
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Meal planning, preparation and assistance with feeding if necessary
- Music Therapy
- Appointment escort and incidental transportation
We recognize that each client has unique care needs that change over time. Re-evaluation of each care plan is completed regularly and adjustments are made as necessary.
For more information, contact Ezra Home Care at 617-527-9000 or email@example.com