Fact: Millions of people undergo orthopedic surgery each year. No matter how successful the surgery, proper care at home is imperative for continued healing and potentially avoiding re-hospitalization. The degree of success in individual recoveries depends on an individual’s age, his or her general health and the medical problem being treated.
Ezra Home Care is committed to assisting every client to recover safely and successfully after their surgical procedure or acute hospitalization. We provide an experienced and reliable team of professionals to ensure a safe, successful transition and continued recovery.
Our team will communicate and collaborate with VNA’s, doctors and/or hospital/rehab discharge planners to discuss each client’s specific care needs, review current medication lists, and confirm follow-up appointments. Structured “hand-off” communication between the professionals involved ultimately improves the quality of care clients receive and may avoid unnecessary re-hospitalization.
Planning ahead for needs such as transportation to and from surgery and follow-up appointments, prescription and equipment pickup and coordinating care at home for at least the first 24-hours after discharge is imperative. Ezra Home Care is available to provide the support needed.
Core Program Elements:
- Comprehensive client assessment
- Development and implementation client-centered care plan
- Appointment escorts including transportation to and from the hospital
- 24/7 or live-in care
- Assistance with physician-directed exercises
- Ongoing communication with family and care providers
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Housekeeping, laundry, shopping and meal preparation
For more information, contact Ezra Home Care at 617-527-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org